For families with children in grades K-12 attending private/parochial schools in the Archdiocese of Newark (Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union Counties).
- Tuition assistance is based on financial need and is awarded without regard to ethnicity, gender, race or religion. Some awards may not be transferable to another school or family member.
- Currently the SFIC General Scholarship Fund awards $1,200 tuition assistance to elementary and high school students entering grades K through 12. (Pre-Kindergarten programs are not eligible).
- Tuition assistance applications for 2023-2024 school year will be available on-line only starting February 1, 2023 until April 30, 2023 on the parent/student portal at sficnj.org.
- Deadline for submitting your on-line application with ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS is April 30, 2023.
- Financial documentation REQUIRED includes the following:
- 2022 Federal 1040 (page 1 & 2 only) with children listed as dependents
- 2022 W2
- If applicable:
- 2022 Schedule C/Schedule 1 (if business/other income noted on form 1040)
- 2022 SSI 1099S or benefit budget letter including monthly amount
- Unemployment determination letter
- Current SNAP Food Stamp and/or Welfare benefit budget letter including monthly amounts.
A $35 non-refundable application fee (payable via credit or prepaid credit card) is required (one per family).
Students receiving tuition assistance are not eligible for more than one award.
All applicants will be notified by email of our decision July 2023.
Tuition assistance payments are made directly to the schools (January 2024 and June 2023).